The Flowers Family

Monday, March 17, 2008

My Beautiful Baby Shower

Well after a long hot summer of being pregnant, my mom and sisters(Yash and Mollie) threw me an awesome baby shower at my moms house in Waukesha, WI.  Just in time too.  It was August 4th 2007 which is my neice Jaqlyn's Birthday, it was so nice of her to share her big day with Payton and I.  She was my helper in opening our gifts and I made sure she was the first to open a present that day.  Kurt and I got her a brat doll and a gift card to go to see the Brat movie in the theaters.  I think she really liked it.  Here's a picture of her and my other niece Kayla playing in the guest room at mom's house that day.  

It was so fun to see my family and friends and we were so blessed with so many amazing gifts for Payton.  I was obviously huge and it was very hot that day, but mom made sure to keep the house nice and cool for me.  Regardless of her greatest efforts though I continued to swell like a baloon.  Here is a picture of me and my huge belly.
A few of my friends from college came including Danyel Lachermeier and Jennifer McEvilla.  I found out some amazing news about my friend Jenny that day; after a couple of years of trying to get pregnant her and her husband were expecting twins in March of 2008.  I have to get in touch with her to find out if she's had them by now.  I believe she would have had a boy and a girl, Reece and Cole.  Here is a picture of the two of us, you can't even tell that she's pregnant yet, I think she was about 8 weeks along here.


The party was so fun and I am so thankful for everyone that was there, everyone that sent us gifts and for all of their generosity.  Here are some more pictures of the shower and I just have to sneak in a picture of Kurt, his family and I when we went to two weddings this summer. Enjoy....


Here I am with the beautiful cake that Mollie brought, it was so yummy.
My mom got the letters of Payton's name at a craft store and painted them, they are so beautiful and as you've already seen they are hanging above Payton's bed.  Here's me opening the "O".
Kurt's sister Niki made letters for Payton's room as well.  They were wood and she used some really cool scrap book paper to decorate them.  They are hanging above her changing station. 
This is a burp rag that my aunt Clarice made she embroidered it and everything.  She knows I love turtles, it says "Payton Nicole Loves Mama and Daddy".
Here are the sheets and curtains for Payton's room.  They are green, white and brown with elephants.  

Here I am with the wonderful ladies in my life that made this party happen.. 
From left to right... Mollie, my mom Kathy, me and Yashica.
My sister got Payton a shirt that says "everyone loves a brown eyed girl", too bad I don't think Payton will be able to wear it, here eyes are blue/hazel.
Mom got me a corsage to wear.
Here is that picture I was talking about from the weddings last summer.  I was six months pregnant here.

Here I am after the baby shower when Kurt grabbed a quick picture of me.  Little did I know how soon Payton would be arriving, I was almost 9 months pregnant here

1 comment:

Sarah M. McKee said...

Awww how cute! I thought that you'd have more updated on it by now!!! Hope that things are going well. We certainly miss you at work...but the weather is getting nice so hopefully we can walk during lunch like we talked!!!

~Sarah
smmckee@tds.net