The Flowers Family

Sunday, May 18, 2008

More and More Visitors!!!

That first weekend before my mom came we were expecting some more visitors. My brother (Joe), sister-in-law (Mollie), and my neice(Kayla) were coming to see little Payton. Also our good friends the Oppers were coming to visit, Colin and Chelsea. We were pretty excited. We weren't sure my brother was coiming until the very morning they arrived. We got a call saying they'd be there in about an hour, Kurt and I jumped out of bed and got our tails in gear.

When they got there they were pretty hungry so my brother and I went to the store to get some groceries for breakfast. This was the first time I had been out of the house since Payton's checkup the previous Monday. I was getting a little stir crazy and it was nice to get out. When we got back we made a breakfast feast and waited for our friends the Oppers to arrive. We had a good time visiting with my brother and his family, Kayla loved to hold her new cousin and was great with her. Aunt Mollie is a natural with babies so of course Payton loved her as well and my brother is baby shy so he just admired her from afar. Unfortunately their visit had to be a short one because they had to get back home pretty early that afternoon.

The Oppers arrived a little bit before we had to say goodbye to Uncle Joe, Aunt Mollie and Kayla and so after they left we began getting things ready for our cookout with the Oppers. We even got Payton outside for a little fresh air, in the shade of course. It ended up being a beautiful day for a cookout and time spent with friends and family. Colin really loved holding Payton and so did Chelsea they even brought gifts for her that we adored.

It was so nice for all of them to make those day trips up to visit. It's about a 5 hour round trip for my brother and his family and a 4 hour round trip for the Oppers so we really appreciated them coming up to see us.

I apologize, but I don't have any pictures from this visit, I don't know if it's due to me forgetting to take pictures or if I had my old camera at that time.

If I end up finding photos from that day once we get all of our pictures off of the old computer I will post them at that time.  Here are some general pictures from our first couple of days alone at home with Payton.  






No comments: